Saturday, April 16, 2011

I wish stupidity were illegal

Listen to what Tennessee State Representative Frank Nicely (R-Strawberry Plains) claims about Albert Einstein - a humanist, secular Jew.  Einstein, of course, never said any such thing - it's a complete fabrication (why should we expect anything less from supporters of young-Earth creationism).




The rest of Nicely's statement, is complete ignorant bullshit as well.  Why am I struggling for a living as a college professor?  I should run for elected office.  Oh wait, I forgot, I have morals and ethics and would feel uncomfortable shamelessly making things up to score political points.

Here's a detailed rebuttal of Nicely's statement by a biographer of Einstein.  Not that the truth matters to ignorant people like Nicely.  I'm sure he's a self-professed Christian too - good witness there Representative - isn't there a commandment somewhere about bearing false witness?

No comments:

Post a Comment